July 5th is the busiest day of the year as many pets are lost during firework and holiday festivities... so now what? The City of Dallas posted these but they can apply anyplace.
If you LOST a pet;
- Tags? Hopefully your dog is found with tags and will be quickly returned./li>
- Chip? Hope it is up to date... all shelters scan for chips and hopefully a finder will take a dog to the shelter or veterinary office to scan and find you./li>
- Call your animal shelter and any shelter near you.. for example you might call the City of Fort Worth and Keller if you are close to the line. Also GO TO THE SHELTER pics can be deceiving... it might take a few trips but go. /li>
- Social Media.. USE it.. Nextdoor, Facebook, Email get the word out. there is also a network on Facebook, Lost and Found Pets for most cities in the metroplex. /li>
- Posters and Flyers... get one to every vet clinic near you, in your neighborhood and shelters./li>
- Your pet may try to return home so stay on the lookout and do not give up.
If you FOUND a pet;